I am very excited to say that a fellow awesome blogger, of Things You Realize After You Get Married, has nominated me for the “Versatile Blogger Award“!
Like Things You Realize…, I was not familiar with the award, so as per her post: this is an award given among bloggers to other new or recently discovered bloggers who are doing a great job with their blog!
The rules of the award are:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
- Tell your readers seven (7) things about yourself.
- Give this award to up to fifteen (15) recently discovered bloggers.
- Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news.
Perhaps this is a bit like a chain email or something of the sort, but I also think it is a cool little way to recognize other bloggers and help spread the word about some of the great stuff that’s out there.
So first off, I would like to say thank you so much to Things You Realize After You Get Married. Hers is such a cool blog and a great way to share both the frivolous, ridiculous and amusing, as well as beautiful and profound things about marriage–and all wrapped up in a witty and relatable style. So to be nominated by a great blogger is totally an honor!
7 little tidbits about myself:
1. I recently celebrated my 28th birthday, on the 28th of May. I just called it my “special” birthday, but I feel there should be a name for the birthday when your age and date are the same. Sucks if your birthday is the 1st… but it’s something you only get once!
2. I am the youngest child of four, although my mom (who does a lot of counseling work with children) says I’m also a bit like an only because my closest sibling is 6 years older than I am and I didn’t have family playmates!
3. I LOVE lobster. When it is in season, I have a lobster feeding frenzy. It may just be the melted butter…
4. I hate the smell of rubber bands (and balloons, rubber gloves and other latex-y things–yes, those too…)
5. I am kind of afraid of the dark. (I guess I’m really becoming a Canadian…)
6. Sometimes I think maybe I’m more proud of starting this blog than I am of my Master’s degree. Ultimately, it’s a different pride I have for each of these, but this blog does feel like one of the coolest things I’ve done in a while! (so thanks for reading)
7. I’m learning… life is SO hard, sometimes. But it is always awesome. Once in a while I stop and think, it is just so cool that we are here. Who knows what we’re doing? And who cares–there’s so much to enjoy! 🙂
Lastly, I need to nominate (and contact) other bloggers for this award! Being very new, I’m also quite new to reading blogs, so I don’t have many! (good incentive to get reading more). Here are my picks (and I reserve the right to share more later):
Morningstar Project: Lindsey’s tagline is “Healthy Mind. Healthy Body. Healthy Soul.” She covers all kinds of topics from food (including fabulous recipes), to relationships, to completing her PhD in psychology. What ties it all together is her voice, humor, amazing photography, and general life aesthetic. For so many of us who are working on finding balance and depth in our lives, Lindsey offers a lot of inspiration!
Georgette Sullin’s Blog: Georgette is quite an interesting person who seems to be enjoying a very active “retirement” that she shares with her readers. In her blog, she discusses her travels, memories, life lessons and everyday enjoyments. There is a wistfulness in her writing that is warm and engaging. I feel Georgette’s is quite possibly a very good example of a self-styled life!
Hope you enjoy my suggestions as much as I do! Thanks again to Things You Realize After You Get Married and to my people who read!